February 18, 2015 § Leave a comment
Been ages since I even wrote something nice. So here goes, my life is at its amazing best 😊 Jai Mahalasa.
I always feel, I should blog about this, blog about that but to hell with me and my thinkings, I never blog. Hell lot of reasons for not doing so, nonetheless this will be a new start to many more to come this year.
Welcome 2015! You have already shown what you are capable of in many ways in just over a month and also have shown to me, what more amazing are in store 😊 I am eagerly waiting for those.
Will be back super soon with my Second Part of MCIS – which has been due since over 2 and half years 😉
August 5, 2014 § 2 Comments
Who doesn’t like the feeling of going home? Which person can contain the excitement of going home to meet your loved ones who mean the world to you? This feeling is absolutely splendid and cannot be described in words. I am happy to have got this feeling recently :)
In an off the topic discussion with my boss, suddenly came the topic of my moms birthday and next thing was that I was granted permission to fly back to India, to Manipal for 10 long days :)
The weeks leading to the travel were so amazing. Excitement was out of bounds with the feeling of being at home with your loved ones only thing in your mind all throughout the day. Finally the day arrived, 4th July, 10pm flight to Bangalore from Singapore.
List of delicacies to gulped down were already decided with mom waiting to prepare those. When you are home, nothing beats the feeling of having lovely mummy made food followed by a super awesome chat about all the neighbors and then a big nap :)
Manipal is splendid during the monsoons and it was a very pleasant weather throughout the week compared to that of Singapore which has terrible heat all day long.
Sanna Polo, Idli with Phanna Chutney ( chutney which has thadka with oil and curry leaf ), tomato omlet, mummy made yummy polo (dosa) , natural ice cream(rain or no rains, who can stop eating their ice creams).
A team lunch with off-shore guys, followed by a family outing to mangalore was absolutely amazing time spent. The new mall which has come up, Forum Fiza is so so huge, that once the shops gets filled up then it surely will be a place to be.
When at home, time flies so so fast that 10 days flew in a jiffy. The build up to the feeling of going home is so amazing and the way it ends, wish it could last same as the build up. :(
Nonetheless, it was definitely a time well spent on my moms birthday being with her which definitely means more than anything to me :)
Waiting for this feeling to come again soon ;)
June 21, 2014 § Leave a comment
Blogging is one of the best things you can do provided you find time for it. ;) With twitter coming in definitely my blog count has drastically gone down and also work plus travel has taken its toll on my poor blog!
So here I am today blogging after quite long and thanks to this new gadget which came into my family yesterday – iPad :)
Been an apple fan since quite long but the day had not come till the start of the week. My team lead was planning to buy one which drove me to get one for myself. Thanks to her and also an apple employee who helped me get one of these beautiful gadgets through their family and friends scheme.
All in all, I have a new reason to blog now with the new thing coming in. Hoping to continue my visit to this space more often than earlier. :)
April 4, 2014 § Leave a comment
I am a Gowda Saraswath Brahmin (GSB) – proud to be a Konkani guy :)
Why am I even telling this? Simple reason, Konkani’s love food, gold, clothing and cosmetics the most. Yes, exactly in that order and I am a big foodie but not the other two. I do not understand these different kinds of Gold Ornaments which my mom wears, they have some Khatarnak naming as well. For e.g: Misre Malle, Gajbaja and what not :P Nor do I understand the variety of saree which Konkani ladies love to buy. Really, I don’t understand a thing. Everything looks nice to me :)
Recently, my mom who uses some compact powder asked me to get one from Singapore which coming. I have been telling her I will get one since quite a long time but never did. So this time finally I decided I will get one no matter how busy my schedule is. Lucky for me, at my client place there was a fair for 3 days which consisted of all these cosmetics products from various brands and I was happy that I need not go cosmetic shop hunting on the streets to buy the genuine one. What followed when I went to buy one for mom was something really so embarrassing :P
March 19, 2014 § Leave a comment
Malaysian Airlines MH370 flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing missing!
This was the first thing i saw on Saturday morning on 8th of March. It was the most horrifying thing that can happen to anyone who has their loved ones on board.
Just on Friday evening I had traveled back to Bangalore from Singapore via Malaysian Airlines itself and over the past 1 year I have been traveling quite frequently on the same carrier. To hear that the plane has just gone missing was a thunder bolt to me as I was due to fly back the next weekend and most probably by the same Malaysian Airlines carrier.
February 6, 2014 § 1 Comment
Car festivals are highly popular events in India. The Puri Jagannath yatra is one that prominently flashes in our minds when we think of the Carfestivals. In South India, every major temple in most towns hold an AnnualCar (Chariot) festival. Just like Udupi’s Makara Sankramana 8 Carfestival which is famous all over,Mangalore Veera Venkatesha templeCar Festival is one which is known world wide amongst Gowda Saraswath Brahmins (GSB) Konkani’s. Held every year in the month of January/February on the day of RATHASAPTAMI. Read more
Photo Courtesy: Manju Neereshwallya, Studio XL
January 1, 2014 § 4 Comments
Hello All! :)
Been ages since I wrote something and finally here I am on the New Year somehow finally managing to write something.
2013 – It has just been splendid to me in all ways I must say. Professionally or Personally. Lot of things achieved and foundation laid down for many more. Sometimes it just happens, and when it happens you don’t want it to stop. For that something to happen “TIME” is crucial. When your time comes, you are the king and you have to make the most of it. 2013 has been such a kind to me I must say, with the opportunities I have received in all fronts I just cant thank god enough for it. Jai Mahalasa.
Ok, let me get out of the emotional scene and atleast jot down some beautiful moments of 2013 which are just worth cherishing through out my life.
1) Mukesh Kini U [ B.E, MS – Embedded Systems ] – Wohooo!!! Double degree status achieved, not just achieved, achieved with much much pride than the engineering one. This one’s definitely dedicated to my PARENTS, who have seen the worst because of me and now is the time to lift their head high up :)
2) Job - As I mentioned earlier, TIME is a crucial thing in one’s life and with that comes opportunity which I don’t know why, but somehow was deprived off till 2012. It did knock on my door and I welcomed it with open arms. I love what I am doing presently with some amazing things to learn each day, surrounded with people who are willing to answer your silliest of queries and basically contributing to building a amazing organization for years to come. I am more than happy with what I am doing :) Thanks to my boss for believing in me and giving me a opportunity. Thanks a ton.
3) I am going to FLY – My first ever transport via a FLIGHT ;) it did come true on March 8th to Singapore. I must say, I have had many more after that but that first one is always special. Just an amazing experience :)
4) Tata ELXSI – Internship was crucial after my 1st year of Masters and thanks to ELXSI for providing me a opportunity to work in a very good project. People around in Tata Elxsi were so amazing, I must say my eyes were moist on the last day of internship. It was just amazing to be a part of their cricket team and playing week in week out by enrolling into some amazing tournaments.
5) Onsite Opportunity – I know how difficult it is for one to get a onsite opportunity, to work with clients right beside you ( though it is a terror being around them :P ) and learn things which sometimes takes ages if done offsite. Not just on the work front, travel to many places, face new people, learn about their culture and what not. Singapore, Kuala Lumpur the 2 places I frequently visited during 2013 was indeed pleasant. Amazing time it was :)
6) Happiness - All that one does, at the end of the day contentment is what is needed when you go back to bed. You should be happy of what you have done. I must say I am happy :) 2013 has been kind.
7) Chelsea – How can I forget football :) The timezone had its toll on me and to catch on footy was a biggest task. Premier League matches after 1am, Champions League matches at 5am and what not. This was really a crazy time to wake up and watch football, but I managed to catch up on quite a lot of those. Chelsea did disappoint me at times when I woke up at 5am to catch up on a match after ending the previous day at 2am. But nonetheless, football is football and its just amazing to be a part of the rant :)
8) Friends - Thanks to the whole bunch of friends I have at work and back at home, who have been there whenever necessary to pull my leg and get the hell out of it :) Without you guys, life is just pale.
There are many other things that has happened in 2013 which has made me understand what life is all about and what people are about. Its not always you get to feel something that others want from you, and when you feel that something is needed of you, that’s when you give your best. This is what I believe in and I am happy to have brought happiness to atleast a few who were around me if not more :)
No resolutions absolutely for 2014, as 2013 resolutions were a disaster and none achieved. So lets take life as it comes and be contented with what life throws at us. Good or bad, that’s the spice of it :)
A new year has begun, let us savour each moment of it, give it out best, lets keep the hope and keep the faith :)
Happy New Year!
Hoping to come around here more often than 2013 :P